San Mateo, CA
Physical Design Technical Lead
As a Physical Design Technical Lead in the Implementation Team, you will drive the tape out of chips to support the SiFive vision of enabling chip design by anyone. When you join our implementation team as an experienced lead, you will take ownership and contribute as an implementation expert with comprehensive RTL to GDS experience who has taped out multiple ASICs with a wide range of process and technologies (180nm ~ 28nm). 16nm and below is a bonus.
- You will lead a small and talented team through the implementation of chips from RTL to GDSII that push the cutting edge of automation.
- You will get to solve issues outside of the typical physical design flow.
- You will collaborate with other technical leads to revolutionize the chip design industry: Instead of the question being, “how many engineers it takes to do a chip?”, we want to reframe it to ask, “how many chips an engineer can make?”
- Join us as we create a fully automated online chip design methodology.
What you bring to the challenge
- Track record of working with small engineering design team and bring out their best
- Exposure to and interest in developing a methodology that enables design automation
- Able to work with ambiguity and innovate
- Experience working with a global team
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in physical design and implementation on product teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, Master’s preferred