San Mateo, CA
▪Field Applications Engineering
Senior Field Applications Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
This role is part of SiFive CX organization, reporting to the Director of Field Applications Engineering. As a Senior FAE, you will own and drive pre-sales technical discussions with current and prospective customers around CPU, SoC architecture, Security & Software/firmware requirements, and articulate a solution based on RISC-V CPUs that can bring a differentiated value proposition to the customer needs. You will work closely with the Sales team to help meet Sales targets, you will also act as the customer’s voice within the company, to enable delivery of market focused solutions for our customers. The ideal candidate will have some background in CPU micro-architecture, firmware development & SoC implementation. Prior experience in a customer facing support/pre-sales role would be added advantage.
- Work with sales teams and take technical ownership of sales process;
- Understand customer’s technical requirements & propose solutions to help build best in class RISC-V SoCs;
- Own and drive customer product evaluations, create and perform product demos, run customer benchmarks or PPA analysis on customer configurations, FPGA bring-up;
- Provide technical product training to customers;
- Be the voice of the customer internally with an ability to clearly articulate detailed technical requirements to various internal stakeholders;
- Support Marketing activities as needed, in the form of webinars, blog posts, writing application notes, supporting trade-shows.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, 3-6 years of proven experience;
- Experience with CPU IP based on RISC-V, ARM, MIPS, or others;
- Experience with embedded software development tools;
- Track record of successful customer engagements.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then we believe SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.