San Mateo, CA
SoC Architect (Flexible location worldwide)
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
As a SoC Architect at SiFive, you will be vital to SiFive's efforts to create silicon at the speed of software. You will create the basic collateral and specifications that can be reused across the SoC design ecosystem. In developing this collateral, you have the opportunity to innovate the use of a novel set of electronic design automation (EDA) tools, which will draw on modern compiling technology and other innovations to build SiFive’s SoC and core libraries.
The new SoC Architect will create and build new, highly configurable SoC designs, based on the open-specification RISC-V ISA for SiFive’s clients, who are taking on exciting state-of-the-art use cases such as autonomous driving, 5G, networking, wearables, or IoT. You will have a chance to define and design chips more quickly and for more devices than would be technologically possible at any other company.
We are reducing the time needed for chip design and verification with novel tools and methodologies, and we are looking for an architect who is as excited as we are about bringing new SoC designs to the market!
LOCATION: The ideal candidate for this position can work out of any of the SiFive worldwide offices in the US, France, India, or Taiwan.
- Design multi-layered SoC architecture and responsible for integrating all of the components in a given customizable chip.
- Develop the upcoming advanced platforms, which will connect multiple cores together on a chip, support large bandwidth, as well as new applications and workloads.
- Design the IP blocks to be integrated into new SoCs (e.g. receivers, accelerators, transmitters, memory cache, I/O devices, power management, and IP subsystems).
- Research and analyze emerging needs for new SoC architecture.
- Collaborate with customers, including Fortune 500 companies and prominent start-ups, to tailor SoCs to their needs.
- 8+ years’ experience in ASIC/SoC development and chip architecture definition.
- MS or PhD in Computer Architecture or in a related field.
- Familiarity with SoC components, such as UART, DDR, PCI Express, etc.
- Basic knowledge of RTL design & SoC tool flows.
- Basic understanding of foundry lib, IP, and process technology limitation.
- Familiar with advanced CPU architectures and pipelines
- Experience in SoC design flow, including spec definition, microarchitecture design, and performance modeling.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.