San Mateo, CA
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
The SiFive Platform Engineering team is building an ambitious new infrastructure to support accelerated ASIC and FPGA design flows, IP delivery and SoC development - driving the next generation of SiFive's "Silicon at the speed of Software" mission. This infrastructure leverages state of the art compiler algorithms (built on open source MLIR and LLVM technologies), novel build system integration, and new Verilog RTL generation techniques.
Our team combines many different perspectives and experiences, and we love working with people who combine a passion for learning and growth with product focus, practical experience, and a desire to build world-changing technologies.
We encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups in computer science to apply!
LEVEL: Please note that we are hiring for several positions on the Compiler Engineering team, and as such invite everybody with at least 2 years of Compiler Engineering experience to apply.
- Evolve, design and build new compiler intermediate representations for hardware design and tool flows.
- Implement specific compiler optimization and lowering algorithms for chip design flows.
- Implement state of the art mechanisms for hierarchical caching that crosscut compiler and build systems.
- Participate in design discussions, planning, code review, documentation, open source processes, and other standard software practices.
- Collaborate with hardware architects to develop the approach and design flows.
- Manage your individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- We are hiring for several positions with different levels of seniority, but require a minimum of 2 years of compiler engineering experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent team collaboration.
- Experience with C++ programming and git-based development workflows.
- Experience with Verilog and other chip design technologies is NOT required.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.