ASIC Program Manager
RISC-V is a groundbreaking CPU instruction set architecture. Along with being an open-source instruction set, RISC-V is informed by decades of industry experience with various RISC processor designs, while being unencumbered with the necessity of backward compatibility. It is a unique opportunity to base a processor design on sound engineering principles, and the successful applicant will have comprehensive daily hands-on exposure to this architecture. While several companies are pursuing RISC-V design, only SiFive is founded and actively run by the inventors of RISC-V. This is not an academic exercise; we have real customers and real silicon.
At SiFive, you will become part of an exciting and dynamic team that will challenge your Program Management skills, while leading global, multi-site ASIC development projects ensuring customer satisfaction and happiness as well as timely and on-budget deliveries.
- Lead all aspects of and manage ASIC/SOC projects in several hand-off models, including from specification to silicon production ramp-up (turnkey), RTL and GDSII;
- Be the Customer Focal Point to work with customers in all areas of the ASIC/SOC projects;
- Work with architecture team and chip Integration teams to drive project PPA goals;
- Drive the resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams: Technology/Library, IP owners/vendors, Design, DV, FPGA, PD etc;
- Work with multi-functional SW and System organizations to enable progress on dependencies for Silicon tape-outs and ramp;
- Drive and track project schedules, working closely with the project leads on current and potential issues;
- Work with teams across the organization, e.g Design, IP, Operations (Package, Test, Product Engineering) and coordinate their activities and deliveries to meet the project schedules;
- Develop a plan to manage and track short-term and long-term goals, progress, the overall schedule and budget, risk assessment and risk mitigation;
- Collect lessons learned throughout the program for an ASIC/SOC project.
- 8 years of experience in SoC/ASIC/ASSP development;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field;
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent preferred;
- 4+ years of leading ASIC development/operations teams in a functional/resource management or project/program management responsibility;
- Good knowledge of SOC/chip design process from spec to product, EDA tools/flows and methodologies;
- Knowledge of the complete ASIC development life-cycle and development of ASIC flow;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing/negotiation skills, including in direct customer engagements;
- Experience leading teams;
- Exposure to silicon operations (packaging, test, product engineering) desired.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you.