San Mateo, CA
Senior Verification Engineer (Flexible location -- Bay Area, CA or Austin, TX)
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are excited about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
As a Senior Verification Engineer on the Design Verification team, you will participate in the definition, implementation, and execution of our verification strategy, as well as being a key participant in the analysis of our verification quality of results.
This verification position is a highly visible role, the simple purpose of which is to ensure the silicon works. What will you work on when you join our team? By its design philosophy, RISC-V is highly configurable, and we have several different configurations in our design pipeline, with various combinations of supported instruction set and with various peripherals and bus interconnect architectures. Implementing design verification methodologies that can accommodate such variation is a challenging task, to be addressed in this role.
The position can be based in Bay Area, CA or Austin, TX.
- Architect test methodologies applicable to a wide range of processor and SoC designs
- Perform initial debug of test failures to identify design errors
- Collaborate closely with the design team to address any design errors
- Understand custom microprocessor and SoC designs from an architectural level, and use this understanding to envision effective verification strategies for these designs
- Create a test plan to codify this strategy, taking account of such issues as design feature priority, potential customer impact, coverage metrics generation and measurability, etc.
- Create test suites (UVM, C, or otherwise, as needed) to execute this strategy
- Drive the execution of these test suites (scripting, Makefiles, etc.)
- Analysis of test results, including RTL or higher-level debug of test failures
- Interact with the design team to help drive bug closure
- A minimum of 3 years of recent experience with standard verification tools and methodologies (UVM, Verdi/DVE, Verilog, Makefiles, scripting languages, etc.) - especially in hands-on testbench and test suite generation;
- A conscientious and thorough approach to Design Verification - Attention to detail. Thoroughness is essential in this role;
- Solid understanding of processor and SoC architecture, or a strong desire and ability to learn same;
- A thorough understanding of the high-level verification flow methodology (testplan generation, test generation, failure analysis, code coverage, iteration until coverage closure);
- Ability to effectively assess the current state of a design’s verification posture, remaining state space to be covered, and efficient methods to achieve verification closure;
- Ability to learn languages and methodologies that are not part of the industry standard approach to verification (Scala, Chisel, etc.);
- Master’s degree required with emphasis in Electrical Engineering, Computer architecture, or Computer Science.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.