San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer, Hardware Development Frameworks
SiFive is looking for software engineers and software-oriented hardware engineers who are passionate about building tools and frameworks for creating massively customizable hardware generators. We're injecting ideas from the software industry into the hardware industry, which we believe is the only way to provide vast configurability with unmatched agility.
We build and maintain a number of frameworks for supporting hardware development workflows including hardware simulation, hardware verification, assembling software development kits (SDKs), and even building customer-facing documentation. What all these workflows have in common is the need to support massive customization, and they also need to be orchestrated into a unified system. We want to empower everyone to develop custom hardware through the use of software automation.
No prior experience with hardware design necessary, only a desire to learn about a new problem domain!
- Taming the complexity involved with building an extremely large configuration space of hardware designs
- Identifying opportunities to apply agile software development practices to a hardware development workflow
- Building tools and frameworks that are accessible to everyone
- Working with domain experts to learn about their use cases and automating their workflows
- Designing and managing the flow of information across a large system
- Ensuring that knowledge is shared via documentation and helping others learn how to use the frameworks and tools
What you bring to the challenge
- The ability to learn quickly about new problem domains
- An obsession with good interfaces and data models
- A focus on user experience
- Proficiency in different styles of programming languages, such as scripting languages, functional languages, low-level languages
Nice to have
- Experience with semiconductor hardware development
- Contributions to open source tools and libraries
- Experience designing the interfaces between components of a large software system
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you.