▪IP Applications Engineering
IP Applications Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
OpenFive IP Applications Engineering team is expanding their ASIC Pre-Sales team to support the new opportunities. This team is responsible for working with Sales and Technical Solutions teams to provide ASIC IP Solutions. This role is part of the 3rd Party IP Applications group reporting to the Senior Manager of IP Applications.
As an IP Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for owning and driving ASIC IP solutions for current and prospective customers. You will drive the pre-sales technical discussions with regards to any 3rd Party IP. You will also be working with ASIC engineering teams to assist in IP implementation.
Our team combines many different perspectives and experiences, and we love working with people who combine a passion for learning and growth with product focus, practical experience, and the desire to build world-changing technologies.
- Work closely with pre-sales teams to provide ASIC IP solutions to the customer.
- Work very closely with IP Vendors and customers in defining, qualifying and procuring new custom and existing digital blocks.
- Qualification and integration of several types of standard cells, memories, I/O’s and digital cores in SoCs.
- Provide product and technical support to other engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience in IP /Library Design (standard cells, memories, I/O’s, Analog Blocks, etc) / Application Engineering.
- Experience with Front-end or Back-end (Including HSPICE) tools from Cadence, Synopsys and Mentor.
- Experience in analog/mixed signal designs and /or DDRX PHYs/SerDes.
- Good understanding of IP design, ASIC Design Flow and integration related issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in writing scripts for automation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field. MSEE is preferred but not required.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then we believe SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.