Senior Engineer, Assembly & Package Development
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Package Engineer who is ready to forge ahead deploying a variety of packaging technologies to address exciting products in various end markets. You will be involved in the decision-making process in selecting the appropriate package types upfront and be able to provide your input as the die layout is being defined. You will manage the package design and development of your own projects with subcontractors, build prototypes, and coordinate the qualification. You will also be responsible for planning the ramp-up to production, and for all sustaining activities for high volume production.
Location: The ideal candidate for this position can work out of one of our Taiwan offices(Hsinchu, Kaohsiung) or remotely from home, collaborating with the HQ in San Mateo, CA.
- Customer interface through the Sales group to aid in defining the optimum package for their specific application.
- Working very closely with IP and Device Layout teams to provide package guidelines during die design.
- Package development including package design, analysis and reviews for a wide spectrum of packages: Flip-chip, BGA, CSP, 2.5D, MCM and leadframe products.
- Coordinating Assembly activities from prototype builds through production to end-of-life, with emphasis on quality, yields, cycle time & cost reduction.
- Collaborating with assembly subcontractors regarding process control & improvements, failure analysis, qualification, and documentation.
- Developing systems & infrastructure to guarantee first pass success for design.
- 4+ years of proven experience; Broad experience in both package design & assembly manufacturing support needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Material Science.
- Knowledge of high-speed design requirements and design quality assessment.
- Comfortable with Cadence Package design Tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.