Power Management Architect
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
Sifive is looking for Power Architects to propose innovations to improve performance, reduce power, and reduce cost of the next generation of IPs used across a wide array of industries and applications.
- Perform detailed analytical studies of power and performance tradeoffs.
- Define and Develop specifications for power management solutions for internal and external consumption.
- Drive functional implementation of Idle/Sleep Power states (C-States), Dynamic Power states (P-States) and reset and retention.
- Define Power Management debug strategies and test plan.
- Drive UPF coding and debug for all new power features.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of experience with silicon power management architecture techniques.
- Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, and Pre - Silicon Validation teams for improving test content.
- Functional knowledge of Idle/Sleep Power states (C-States), Dynamic Perf states (P-States) and reset and retention.
- Knowledge of multi cluster architectures and power management.
- Proficient on running silicon content on pre-silicon platforms such as emulation or FPGA for power measurements and validation.
- Deep understanding of power principles and tradeoffs.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; flexible work environment; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.