Senior General Ledger Accountant
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
We are seeking a detail-oriented GL accountant to perform accounting tasks in collaboration with internal departments. You will be ensuring accuracy of our financial information, providing assurance that our accounting practices adhere to regulations, and performing general ledger entries and account reconciliations. To ensure success as a GL accountant, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of best practices in general ledger accounting and experience in a similar role.
- Preparing and managing general ledger entries related to general ledger accounts
- Preparing and posting bank transactions on a weekly basis to record cash deposits, and withdrawals.
- Assist with preparation of Weekly cash forecast
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather, analyze and interpret relevant financial information
- Preparing consolidation entries at period end for foreign subsidiaries including, recording net activity for the period, reconciling balances to the reported financials, ensuring accuracy and completeness of balances in accordance with US GAAP
- Reconcile inventory movements during the period including additions to and releases from inventory
- Manage Fixed Assets, prepaids, and Intangibles: Ensure additions in compliance with Company policy, record depreciation or amortization for the period and maintain waterfall schedule
- Prepare accruals at period end: Working with AP, ensure completeness of accruals for services or goods received for which corresponding invoices have not yet been received and manage subsequent reversals upon invoice receipt
- Review lease agreements and prepare deferred rent schedules including ST and LT classification of such balances and release of such deferred rent into P&L
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts related to Cash, Prepaids, Fixed Assets, Intangibles, Accruals, Deferred Cogs, Deferred Rent, Etc. at period end to ensure balances are fully supported
- Perform account analysis to ensure journal entries and balances are correct
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or in related specialization
- At least 2 years experience in General ledger accounting or similar is preferred
- Proficiency in Accounting and business management software such as Microsoft Dynamics Business Central or Concur
- Familiarity with US generally accepted accounting principles, and regulatory requirement
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superb time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA candidate preferred
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; flexible work environment; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!