ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Senior Engineer, Assembly & Package Development
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Package Engineer who is ready to forge ahead deploying a variety of packaging technologies to address exciting products in various end markets. You will be involved in the decision-making process in selecting the appropriate package types upfront and be able to provide your input as the die layout is being defined. You will manage the package design and development of your own projects with subcontractors, build prototypes, and coordinate the qualification. You will also be responsible for planning the ramp-up to production, and for all sustaining activities for high volume production.
- Customer interface through the Sales group to aid in defining the optimum package for their specific application.
- Working very closely with IP and Device Layout teams to provide package guidelines during die design.
- Package development including package design, analysis and reviews for a wide spectrum of packages: Flip-chip, BGA, CSP, 2.5D, MCM and leadframe products.
- Coordinating Assembly activities from prototype builds through production to end-of-life, with emphasis on quality, yields, cycle time & cost reduction.
- Collaborating with assembly subcontractors regarding process control & improvements, failure analysis, qualification, and documentation.
- Developing systems & infrastructure to guarantee first pass success for design.
- 4+ years of proven experience; Broad experience in both package design & assembly manufacturing support needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Material Science.
- Knowledge of high-speed design requirements and design quality assessment.
- Comfortable with Cadence Package design Tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!