ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
We at SiFive are now looking for a Core Architect to join our growing team! You will be vital to SiFive’s efforts to create silicon at the speed of software. You would be involved with the design and definition of various aspects of SiFive’s RISC-V ISA, high-performance core pipelines, including but not limited to, branch predictors, dispatch logic, reorder buffer, load-store queues, and prefetchers. You are tasked with creating the basic collateral and specifications that can be reused across SiFive’s RISC-V and SoC design ecosystem.
- Creating the design and specification of various aspects of high-performance core architecture. Such design must comprehend PPA (performance, power, and area) impact.
- Developing the upcoming RISC-V platforms, which will connect numerous cores together on a chip, support large bandwidth, as well as new applications and workloads
- Working on the design and specifications of various aspects of the RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture.
- Researching and analyzing emerging needs for new core architecture.
- If interested, the Core Architect will have a chance to analyze market verticals and design architectures specifically tailored for upcoming use cases.
- Working with customers to tailor cores to their needs.
- Opportunity to work directly with customers (which include Fortune 500 companies as well as prominent, innovative startups) to brainstorm and troubleshoot core pipeline designs.
- 8+ years of experience in core architecture development and chip architecture definition.
- Familiarity with advanced CPU architectures and pipelines.
- Experience in core design flow, including spec definition, Architecture design, and performance modeling.
- Familiarity with instruction set architecture, advanced and high-performance pipeline design concepts, such as picker logic, out-of-order scheduling, advanced branch predictors, and prefetchers.
- You should be familiar with memory coherence, consistency, and ordering.
- Basic understanding of RTL design & SoC tool flows.
- Basic understanding of foundry lib, IP, and process technology limitation
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!