ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Senior Software Engineer - Chisel
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
As a Software Engineer in the Platform Engineering Technologies team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining cutting-edge tools for System-on-Chip (SoC) design. You will apply your programming language expertise to architect domain-specific languages for hardware design. You will participate in the open source Chisel and CIRCT communities while ensuring that SiFive engineers have the best tools to build and verify advanced RISC-V CPUs, IPs, and SoCs. You will be part of a tight-knit, supportive, challenge-loving team who likes to learn and apply new technologies to change the paradigm of designing custom silicon.
- Developing and enhancing embedded Domain Specific Languages (DSLs) in Scala and/or Swift, along with associated build tooling, for use by hardware industry professionals.
- Soliciting and responding to user requests and feedback to continuously improve the tooling.
- Writing excellent documentation, tutorials and help train experienced hardware designers and verification engineers in new techniques.
- Collaborating with colleagues to integrate with MLIR Compiler stack written in C++.
- Participating in open source communities such as Chisel and LLVM CIRCT.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience or a PhD with relevant academic experience.
- Familiarity with object oriented and functional programming languages. Experience in Scala and/or Swift highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate and teach others both inside and outside the company.
- Exposure to hardware design and verification techniques is a plus but not required.