ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
PD and Automation Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
As a Physical Design Automation Engineer in the Implementation team, you will contribute to the development of industry-leading CPU IP to support the SiFive vision of enabling chip design by anyone. We are looking for people who are as excited as we are about working in a fast-paced dynamic environment to bring new hardware IP to market quickly, with high quality and exceptional performance.
- Develop automation to improve the productivity of Physical Design and RTL Engineers;
- Implement and optimize our broad portfolio of RISC-V CPU's from RTL to GDSII;
- Close aggressive performance, power, and area (PPA) goals at block and/or CPU level;
- Collaborate with the microarchitecture and RTL teams to optimize PPA trade off's.
- 7+ years of physical design and automation experience; Experience with CPU designs and advanced process nodes (16nm and below) is a plus
- TCL and Python scripting
- Experience in synthesis, DFT insertion, floor planning, place and route, clock tree synthesis, static timing, power analysis, and signal and power integrity
- Knowledge and skill in optimizing PPA through floor planning, placement and timing constraints, useful skew, and similar techniques
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, Master’s preferred