▪Core IP Operations
Technical Program Manager
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP & SoC IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our shown success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of domain-specific hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive was founded and is actively run by the developers of RISC-V. If you are passionate about working with industry leaders and innovators, then send us your application today!
As a Technical Program Manager at SiFive, you will work with engineers who are passionate about designing industry-leading CPU cores, based on the revolutionary open-source RISC-V architecture. You will provide leadership and guide cross-functional teams through the entire product life cycle. We are looking for people who are as excited as we are about working in a fast-paced dynamic environment to bring new IP to market quickly, with high quality and exceptional performance.
LOCATION: The person in this role can work out of our offices in the Bay Area, CA or Austin, TX. However, due to the current restrictions surrounding COVID-19, this position is work-from-home until further notice.
- Collaborate with stakeholders/technical leads in cross-functional teams to develop schedule and overall plan to meet program goals.
- Build a plan for effective execution, monitoring/tracking and identifying critical paths, program risks and issues, from planning through execution, delivery, and support phases.
- Co-ordinate cross-functional group activities, track dependencies. Drive teams to meet schedules and goals.
- Participate in technical discussions, be able to resolve high-level project issues.
- Lead tasks, issues, and bug tracking, reporting and resolution.
- Co-ordinate and participate in IP releases, delivery to customers.
- Responsible for effective and consistent communication and reporting of overall program status.
- Participate in developing, improving project, program management and product life cycle processes.
- 4+ yrs of experience with CPU design background. Technical CPU engineering knowledge is required.
- 5+ yrs of technical leadership and program management experience leading CPU programs across cross-functional teams, including hardware and software engineering, and product marketing teams.
- Track record of driving project development and program management across cross-functional teams with well-defined metrics, from concept through tapeout.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and can drive engineering decisions.
- Proficiency with Git/Github, JIRA, Confluence.
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Experience with project and program management tools and processes for effective and efficient planning and execution.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision, and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you.
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.