Senior Technical Program Manager
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
This position is for Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM), reporting into the Program Management Office (PMO) within SiFive. The primary charter for this group is to coordinate, lead and track cross functional execution on key programs in the company through the entire product life cycle (PLC). As a TPM at SiFive, you will work with engineers passionate about designing industry-leading CPU cores, the tools, software and infrastructure to realize that vision, and product managers and marketing personnel to include business goals and metrics for a program. SiFive is a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of opportunity, and we are looking for people who are as excited as we are about bringing new IP and complete solutions to market quickly, with high quality, and exceptional performance.
- Manage programs that are related to the development of high end CPUs – example programs include development of new high end CPU core IP and/or major new features, projects with key customers, and associated software tools, libraries, development systems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders/technical leads in cross-functional teams to develop schedule, resourcing allocation, and overall plan to meet program goals.
- Build a plan for effective execution, monitoring/tracking and identifying critical paths, program risks and issues, from planning through execution, delivery, and support phases.
- Co-ordinate cross-functional group activities, track dependencies. Drive teams to meet schedules and goals.
- Participate in technical discussions, be able to resolve high-level project issues.
- Lead tasks, issues reporting and resolution.
- Responsible for effective and consistent communication and reporting of overall program status.
- Participate in developing, improving project, program management and product life cycle processes.
- 4+ yrs of experience with CPU, GPU, or compute element design background. Technical design engineering knowledge is required.
- 5+ yrs of technical leadership and program management experience leading compute element programs across cross-functional teams, including hardware and software engineering, and product marketing teams.
- Track record of driving project development and program management across cross-functional teams with well-defined metrics, from concept through tapeout.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and can drive engineering decisions.
- Proficiency with Git/Github, JIRA, Smartsheets, Confluence.
- Excellent organization, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Experience with project and program management tools and processes for effective and efficient planning and execution.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.