Field Application Engineer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
This role is part of the SiFive Customer Experience (CX) organization, reporting to the Sr. Manager of Field Applications Engineering (FAE). As an FAE, you will own and drive the pre-sales technical discussions with current and prospective customers around their CPU, SoC Architecture, Security, and Software/firmware requirements. You will need to formulate and articulate a solution based on SiFive’s portfolio that can bring a differentiated value proposition to the customer’s needs. You will work closely with the Sales team to help meet Sales targets. You will also act as the customer’s voice within the company, to enable delivery of market-focused solutions for our customers.
The ideal candidate will have a background in CPU microarchitecture, firmware development, and SoC implementation. Prior experience in a customer facing support/pre-sales role would be an added advantage.
- Work with the sales team and take technical ownership of the sales process.
- Understand and interpret customers’ technical requirements & propose solutions to help build best-in-class RISC-V SoCs.
- Own and drive customer product evaluations, create and perform product demos, run customer benchmarks or PPA analysis on customer configurations, and FPGA bring-up.
- Provide technical product training to customers.
- Be the voice of the customer internally with an ability to clearly articulate detailed technical requirements to various internal stakeholders.
- Support Marketing activities as needed, in the form of webinars, blog posts, writing application notes, supporting trade-shows, etc.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, 3-6 years of proven industry experience.
- In-depth and working knowledge of CPU & SoC designs and computer architecture.
- Experience with CPU IP based on RISC-V, ARM, MIPS, or others.
- Experience with embedded software development tools.
- Track record of successful customer engagements.
- Ability to independently seek out answers, prioritize tasks, and deliver on expectations.
- Ability to work cross functionally among Sales, Engineering, and Product teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.