Staff Security Software Developer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits.
As SiFive brings RISC-V to the highest end designs, the hardware and software engineering teams are integrating larger and more complex System-on-Chip (SoC) features. The SiFive System Software group develops critical software components for our Core and Intelligence processors, from firmware and bare-metal to high-level OS and AI runtime code. The team is global, spanning several worldwide sites, working together as one group. We believe that engineers create most of the value for the company. Our management chain has a strong engineering and software development background. We believe in open, honest, and direct communication; mutual respect; and seek strong communicators and listeners.
SiFive is looking for an excellent security firmware and software developer who can help drive forward the RISC-V security software roadmap. In this role, you will work with Security Architecture and Hardware engineering teams to help evaluate and design secure Compute systems - including CPUs, interconnects and related IP blocks. You will design and develop the software and interfaces for secure execution, secure booting, etc for the RISC-V architecture. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and get innovative security solutions for the RISC-V architecture to the market.
- Being a key partner for Security Architects to define the security software architecture.
- Defining and following the roadmap for the RISC-V security software.
- Designing and developing the security software and interfaces for RISC-V.
- Collaborating with teams in the US, Taiwan and Europe to drive forward the SiFive System Software security roadmap in a “one team” philosophy.
- Contributing to the Security Software practices.
- At least 5 years of experience developing System software in C for complex SoCs required.
- Experience with SoC security hardware and software like TPM, TrustZone or similar architectures and their applications.
- Ability to understand and analyze the security threats in modern embedded systems and develop mitigation strategies for those threats.
- Experience developing software for boot loaders and the Linux kernel.
- Experience with debugging tools like GDB, JTAG, OpenOCD, required.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!