Senior Benchmarking Engineer
As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
Stay current with the latest SiFive updates via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Senior Benchmarking Engineer to work in our Customer Experience organization. The Benchmarking team is primarily outward looking and measures performance on hardware platforms to satisfy customer performance requests and needs for current products. We are seeking motivated candidates with broad experience and excellent communication skills. You will develop a rich experience of industry needs and SiFive solutions.
- Work with SiFive FPGAs and silicon boards and simulation environments to conduct customer-driven benchmarking requests. Running, measuring, and analyzing standard and custom benchmarks on the SiFive products.
- Guiding customers and prospects in their development/evaluations. Debugging and answering customer questions on running workloads on FPGA and Silicon.
- Providing software optimization guidance and training.
- Collaborating with the Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams to demonstrate SiFive products and values to customers, resolving technical issues, and representing customer needs internally.
- 8+ years of applicable experience.
- A BSEE/MSEE, BSCS/MSCS or equivalent.
- Knowledge of vector processing, the candidate will be a key contributor in the support of SiFive implementations of the RISC-V vector (RVV) extensions.
- Experience with vector implementations such as RISC-V RVV, SIMD, ARM NEON, PowerPC AltiVec, MIPS MSA, Intel MMX/SSE/AVX.
- Experience implementing algorithms on VLIW/SIMD architectures such as DSPs. Optimize the algorithms to run faster using GPU, SIMD, etc.
- Desirable to have experience with cycle optimization, consideration of memory latencies, and cache hierarchies; ideally also exposure to processors with SIMD and VLIW instruction level parallelism.
- Familiarity with computer architecture, micro-architecture as well as system software, benchmark software and profiling tools.
- Strong knowledge of Dhrystone, CoreMark, SPEC, EEMBC, MLPerf, other standard benchmarks, and vector benchmarks.
- Working knowledge of the embedded systems design and development process, especially in workload characterization to make hardware/software design tradeoffs.
- Understanding of RISC processor design, including pipelines, caches, and memory system hierarchy, especially as they relate to overall system behavior and performance.
- Familiarity with a Linux based development environment and fluent in C/C++ and assembly languages along with a working knowledge of scripting languages such as Tcl and Python. Experience in using FPGA, RTL or simulation models as software development and benchmarking platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to handle priorities on multiple tasks.