Front End & Deployment Engineer
As a Front End and Deployment Engineer in the Platform Engineering Technologies team, you will be responsible for applying novel tooling for System-on-Chip (SoC) design to real design, verification, or physical design problems. You will apply your hardware experience and programming language enthusiasm to influence the design of domain-specific languages for hardware design. You will participate in the open source Chisel (https://www.chisel-lang.org/) and CIRCT (https://github.com/llvm/circt) communities while ensuring that SiFive engineers have the best tools to build and verify advanced RISC-V CPUs, IPs, and SoCs. You will be part of a tight-knit, supportive, challenge-loving team who likes to learn and apply new technologies to change the paradigm of designing custom silicon.
- Be a first user of in-house tooling for enhanced hardware design, verification, and physical design
- Participate in design discussions and give directed feedback to the wider team of language designers and architects to influence implementation directions
- Contribute to the development and enhance embedded Domain Specific Languages (DSLs) in Scala, etc, along with associated build tooling, for use by hardware industry professionals
- Participate in open source communities such as Chisel and LLVM CIRCT.
- Experience in hardware design, verification, and/or physical design flows
- Experience with and/or willingness to learn functional programming languages
- Experience working in a collaborative environment – good communication skills