The SiFive E20 Standard Core is an extremely efficient implementation of the E2 Series configured for very low area and power. The E20 brings the power of the RISC-V software ecosystem to efficiently address traditional 8-bit and 32-bit microcontroller applications such as IoT, Analog Mixed Signal, and Programmable Finite State Machines.
- RISC-V ISA - RV32IMC
- Machine Mode only
- 2-stage pipeline
- System Port for external memory accesses
- Core Local Interrupt Controller (CLIC) with 32 interrupts
- Advanced debug with 4 hardware breakpoints/watchpoints
- 1.1 DMIPS/MHz
- 2.4 CoreMark/MHz
Note: Area and power numbers do not include RAMs. Area numbers are from 50MHz Post-Route at worst setup corner.
a. Core only includes the core pipeline only.
b. Core Complex includes the Core plus CLIC w/32 irq and 2 priority bits, Debug w/ 4 hw breakpoints, internal bus and AHB-Lite ports.
c. Dhyrstone @ 50MHz TT Vnom 25C.
Compare to Cortex-M0+
a. E20 Standard Core Configuration, using GCC
b. CLIC Vectored Mode
The E2 Series is highly-optimized for area and power while still offering class-leading performance. Targeted for microcontroller and embedded devices, the E2 Core can be configured to have an efficient 2‑stage pipeline or a higher performance 3‑stage pipeline as well as a Core Local Interrupt Controller (CLIC) enabling extremely fast interrupt response. The E2 Series can be fully customized to meet your specific requirements. Using the SiFive Core Designer the smallest possible E2 core can be configured using 13.5k gates.
- Core performance
- Single precision Floating Point Unit
- Custom memory map and ports
- Optional Tightly Integrated Memory (TIM)
- Smallest core configuration uses 13.5k gates and is .005mm2 in 28nm
- MEMS Sensors
- Power managment
- Digital motor control
- Low-power MCUs
- Health wearable monitors
- Environmental monitors
Ready to see your code in action? The E20 Development Kit enables free evaluation of SiFive RISC-V Core IP.
- Full-Functional, synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Run it in your own simulator
- Simple, no-cost evaluation license