The SiFive E21 Standard Core is a high-performance, full-featured embedded processor designed to address advanced microcontroller applications such as Sensor Fusion, Smart IoT, Wearables, Connected Toys, and more. Separate Instruction and Data Buses, along with 2 banks of Tightly Integrated Memory (TIMs) make the E21 an ideal choice for applications with deterministic or demanding memory requirements.
- RISC-V ISA - RV32IMAC
- Machine and User Mode with 4 Region Physical Memory Protection
- 3-stage pipeline with Simultaneous Instruction and Data Access
- 2 Banks of Tightly Integrated Memory
- System, Peripheral, and Front Ports
- CLIC interrupt controller with 127 interrupts
- Advanced debug with 4 hardware breakpoints/watchpoints
- 1.38 DMIPS/MHz
- 3.1 CoreMark/MHz
Note: Area and power numbers do not include RAMs. Area numbers are from 50MHz Post-Route at worst setup corner.
a. Core only includes the core pipeline only
b. Core Complex includes the Core plus CLIC w/127 irq and 4 priority bits, Debug w/ 4 hw breakpoints, 4 Region PMP, TIM Logic, internal bus and AHB-Lite ports.
c. Dhyrstone @ 50MHz TT Vnom 25C.
a. E21 Standard Core Configuration, using GCC
b. CLIC Vectored Mode
The E2 Series is highly-optimized for area and power while still offering class-leading performance. Targeted for microcontroller and embedded devices, the E2 Core can be configured to have an efficient 2‑stage pipeline or a higher performance 3‑stage pipeline as well as a Core Local Interrupt Controller (CLIC) enabling extremely fast interrupt response. The E2 Series can be fully customized to meet your specific requirements.
- Core performance
- Single precision Floating Point Unit
- Custom memory map and ports
- Optional Tightly Integrated Memory (TIM)
- MEMS Sensors
- Power managment
- Digital motor control
- Low-power MCUs
- Health wearable monitors
- Environmental monitors
From idea to reality.
Ready to see your code in action? The E21 Development Kit enables free evaluation of SiFive RISC-V Core IP.
- Full-Functional, synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Run it in your own simulator
- Simple, no-cost evaluation license
- Fully-functional SiFive RISC-V Core Complex with system peripherals
- High Performance - 65 MHz emulation
- Upload your own programs using the Freedom E SDK
- Compatible with the Artix-7 Arty Evaluation Kit