The SiFive E24 Standard Core is a high-performance microcontroller with hardware support for single-precision floating-point capabilities by implementing the RISC-V ISA’s F standard extension. The E24’s efficiency, coupled with hardware floating-point capabilities, make it exceptional at motor control, sensor fusion, and IoT applications.
- RISC-V ISA - RV32IMAFC
- Includes hardware single-precision floating-point support
- Machine and User Mode with 4 Region Physical Memory Protection
- 3-stage pipeline with Simultaneous Instruction and Data Access
- 2 Banks of Tightly Integrated Memory
- System, Peripheral, and Front Ports
- CLIC interrupt controller with 127 interrupts
- Advanced debug with 4 hardware breakpoints/watchpoints
Power, Performance, and Area
Note: Area and power numbers do not include RAMs. Area numbers are from 50MHz Post-Route at worst setup corner.
a. Core only includes the core pipeline only
b. Core Complex includes the Core plus CLIC w/127 irq and 4 priority bits, Debug w/ 4 hw breakpoints, 4 Region PMP, TIM Logic, internal bus and AHB-Lite ports
c. Dhyrstone @ 50MHz TT Vnom 25C
Compare to Cortex-M4F
a. E24 Standard Core Configuration, with GCC
b. CLIC Vectored Mode
The E2 Series is highly-optimized for area and power while still offering class-leading performance. Targeted for microcontroller and embedded devices, the E2 Core can be configured to have an efficient 2‑stage pipeline or a higher performance 3‑stage pipeline as well as a Core Local Interrupt Controller (CLIC) enabling extremely fast interrupt response. The E2 Series can be fully customized to meet your specific requirements. Using the SiFive Core Designer the smallest possible E2 core can be configured using 13.5k gates.
- Core performance
- Single precision Floating Point Unit
- Custom memory map and ports
- Optional Tightly Integrated Memory (TIM)
- Smallest core configuration uses 13.5k gates and is .005mm2 in 28nm
- MEMS Sensors
- Power managment
- Digital motor control
- Low-power MCUs
- Health wearable monitors
- Environmental monitors
Ready to see your code in action? The E24 Development Kit enables free evaluation of SiFive RISC-V Core IP.
- Full-Functional, synthesizable Verilog RTL
- Run it in your own simulator
- Simple, no-cost evaluation license