Design Automation Engineer (Flexible Location)
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
- Improving and developing processes and best practices, maintaining documentation of the development environments.
- Administration, support, and troubleshooting of production applications including: source code management systems, documentation and collaboration tools, environment configuration systems, and metric and logging database stacks, shared network storage, and global networks.
- Implementing infrastructure automation, metric collection, and impactful reporting to make data driven decisions.
- Proactively engaging users to address issues and identifying and implementing long term solutions to prevent repeat scenarios.
- Participating in and leading the planning and execution of small to medium complexity projects independently and with others to achieve goals.
- 3+ years of proven industry experience in a relevant role.
- Proficiency in Python, Ruby, and Bash programming and scripting.
- Knowledge of CPU Validation.
- Intermediate experience with Linux from a command line interface and automation perspective.
- Ability to balance support related tasks and participate in driving projects to completion.
- Experience in administering and troubleshooting production containerized applications.
- Modern monitoring, metrics, and alerting using open source tools.