RTL Design Engineer - Core/SoC Interconnect
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
- Architect, design and implement an enhanced TileLink interconnect, high-level cache controllers, protocol bridges, and other infrastructure/uncore logic as RTL generators, including both open-source and proprietary designs.
- Improve current designs and work on future designs to provide higher performance, more efficient multi-core and multi-cluster system coherence.
- Integrate new design content into SiFive’s Chisel/FIRRTL framework and contribute to improvements to that framework to enable automatic configuration/generation of design collateral.
- Microarchitecture development and specification. Ensure that knowledge is shared via great documentation and participation in a culture of collaborative design.
- Perform initial sandbox verification, and work with design verification team to create and execute thorough verification test plans.
- Work with physical implementation team to implement and optimize physical design to meet frequency, area, power goals.
- 5+ yrs of recent industry experience with coherent fabric, protocols for scalable multi-core and multi-cluster SoC designs.
- Knowledge of cache and cache coherency architectures and concepts.
- Experience with NoC or other interconnect fabrics.
- Experience with industry standard bus protocols (e.g. AMBA). Knowledge of TileLink is a plus.
- Ability to architect solutions to connect bus fabrics of disparate protocols.
- Strong software engineering skills/background, including:
- object-oriented, aspect-oriented, and particularly functional programming;
- compiler infrastructures and data modeling for intermediate representations, particularly for domain-specific languages.
- Proficiency with hardware (RTL) design in Verilog, System Verilog, or VHDL.
- Experience with Chisel, Bluespec, or other HDL for expressing configurable hardware via software is a plus.
- Attention to detail and a focus on high-quality design.
- Ability to work well with others and a belief that engineering is a team sport.
- BS/MS degree in EE, CE, CS or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.