ProductsSiFive Core IPSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
2021 Internship - Platform Integration Tools
SiFive is on a mission to make it easier and faster to build custom chips for the new age of computing based on data, AI, and communications. SiFive is the leading provider of commercial processor cores using the exciting, new RISC-V standard being adopted and evaluated by leading technology companies worldwide. Founded by the inventors of RISC-V, and led by a team of seasoned industry executives, SiFive offers the expertise, tools, and tech to enable customized silicon to be developed specifically for each customer’s needs.
You will be joining a team with passion and purpose: democratizing access to silicon, to unlock customer roadmaps and enable new product experiences in exciting new growth markets.
Location: Please note that due to COVID-19, all US-based internships in 2021 are remote and therefore open to all US-based candidates. In the chance that work-from-home restrictions are lifted, and you do not live near one of our offices, SiFive may arrange you to travel to the local office or HQ to meet the team.
What You Will Work On:
As an intern on the Platform Integration Tools team, you will get an amazing opportunity to work on a self-contained IP block, IP Integration, or enhancement of the SoC generator required for our maximum performance RISC-V Linux-capable application processors, depending on your skills and experience, and length of internship.
What You Will Learn:
- Programming in Chisel, a modern HDL alternative to Verilog embedded in the Scala language.
- How to design RTL as well as integrate it into a larger SoC.
- How to collaborate with verification and physical design teams (depending on project).
- How to get engineering work done in the real world, using GitHub, Jenkins and other modern developer tools.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a similar discipline.
- Experience or interest in digital design/RTL design using Chisel.
- Interest in learning and developing new methodologies for SoC design in functional programming languages, such as Scala.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or Ruby.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.