ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Senior Network and Security Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive is looking for a Senior or Lead Network Engineer with a solid focus on Security to join the SiFive Systems Engineering team. You will be responsible for managing all networks and networking equipment at SiFive in the datacenter, public cloud and enterprise.
- Managing all of SiFive’s network infrastructure (LAN, WAN and WLAN) in co-located data centers, offices and the public cloud.
- Maintaining strong uptime of all network systems and improving long-term reliability and scalability.
- Identifying and deploying tools and systems to ensure network security.
- Creating and maintaining network standards and developing technology roadmaps for LAN, WAN, WLAN and AWS Cloud network infrastructure.
- Documenting current & future network state by creating High-Level, Low-Level design documentation and diagrams.
- Performing troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Upgrading and patching network hardware and software components as needed.
- Creating and updating network security policies, procedures and technical standards.
- Reviewing and analyzing existing enterprise network and data security for effectiveness and efficiency, and developing strategies to improve or enhance.
- 10+ years of experience managing switching and routing in a production environment.
- Expertise in TCP/IP and routing protocols (e.g., EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, VLAN, L2).
- Experience working with network equipment providers preferably Juniper, Aruba and PaloAlto Networks.
- Experience identifying and mitigating network security risks including threat modeling or other risk identification techniques.
- Solid experience in Bash, Python or other scripting languages.
- Demonstrable experience architecting and managing networking in the cloud (preferably AWS).
- Solid experience setting up network monitoring systems such as LibreNMS, SolarWinds or others.
- Experience in design and implementation of automation frameworks to speed up network deployments and perform repetitive tasks.
- Experience with data protection technologies including encryption, key management, data loss prevention, and hardware security modules.
- Solid understanding of Threat prevention, intrusion detection systems.
- Experience with industry standard SIEM solutions.
- Strong problem-solving ability, and desire to implement innovative solutions.
- CCNP, CCIP or similar Certification a plus.