ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Senior Field Applications Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
SiFive is growing, and we are now looking for a Senior Field Applications Engineer to join the team. This is a hybrid role that provides an opportunity to bridge the conversations between SiFive engineering organization & the customer, by acting as a frontline customer-facing specialist in Edge AI applications. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise during customer evaluations and working with prospective and current customers in a pre-sales role. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience with ML frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, optimizing ML, vision, DSP kernels, with parallel programming approaches for the underlying hardware.
It is important to develop strong, professional relationships with the key engineers, architects, and decision-makers at our partners and customer organizations. You will also participate in defining new products and/or services to meet the needs of customers. You will be expected to maintain a high standard of technical knowledge in relation to SiFive and its products, services, and competitors.
This role is part of the SiFive CX organization, reporting to the Director of Field Applications Engineering. Prior experience in a customer facing support/pre-sales role would be added advantage.
- Working with sales teams and taking technical ownership of the sales process for SiFive’s Vector Intelligence product portfolio, targeted at Edge AI Applications.
- Collaborating with Compiler, Software benchmarking team to help improve performance of key customer algorithms.
- Owning and driving customer product evaluations; creating & performing product demos; running customer benchmarks on Vector Intelligence Cores; optimizing customer code to show best in class performance, using various evaluation platforms like SystemC Models & FPGAs.
- Representing the customers internally with an ability to clearly articulate detailed technical requirements to various internal teams.
- Supporting Marketing activities as needed, in the form of webinars, blog posts, writing application notes, supporting trade-shows.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Understanding of processor architectures & distributed systems, prior experience with GPUs, FPGA, ASIC based accelerators for AI applications. Experience with RISCV Vectors is an advantage.
- Experience with ML frameworks, like TensorFlow & PyTorch.
- Experienced with computer vision, linear algebra.
- Hands on experience with C/C++, Python.
- Track record of successful customer engagements.