ProductsSiFive Core IPPerformanceIntelligenceEssentialSiFive Core DesignerSoftwareBoardsSoC IPCustom SiliconDocumentationCustomer Support
Formal Verification Engineer
SiFive is an idea-to-silicon company founded by the inventors of RISC-V to simplify the design and production of custom SoCs.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, SiFive is on a mission to help engineers design custom chips for domain-specific solutions for many markets, including 5G, edge AI, enterprise networking, storage, and consumer devices.
Industry-leading innovators, including six of the top ten semiconductor companies, are working with SiFive thanks to our proven success, deep expertise, and rich partner ecosystem. With SiFive’s rich IP ecosystem and accessible design platform, every market has access to the development of workload-focused hardware needed to design next-generation products.
We at SiFive are looking for a Formal Verification Engineer to join our growing team working on implementing a novel application of formal verification methodologies to parameterizable CPU IP generators. SiFive is looking for someone with outstanding knowledge and skills in formal verification who will build a formal environment to be used specifically with SiFive’s functional programming-based hardware design suite.
Location: The ideal candidate for this position can work out of one of our US offices or remotely from home, collaborating with the HQ in San Mateo, CA. However, all positions are currently remote until further notice.
- Leading the application of formal methodologies to parameterizable high-performance RISC-V CPU IP generators.
- Creating a reusable formal verification methodology library to be used in SiFive’s novel hardware design flow.
- Building a compiler-based hardware design suite that would automatically generate the appropriate test bench when given a parameterized instance of a chip design.
- Establishing through formal mathematical modeling or proofs the fidelity of given CPU IP blocks.
- Ensuring that CPU designs will meet given targets for power, performance, and area, by applying formal methods.
- Mentoring junior members of the team in the use of formal verification methodologies and tools.
- 7+ years of recent experience in formal verification and related tools (model checking, property verification, JasperGold, Hector DPV, and others) and methodologies.
- Knowledge of CPU or GPU architectures (floating point, load-store, branch prediction, out-of-order execution) and cache coherence protocols.
- Experience in functional verification, such as constrained random verification, test bench generation, etc.
- Fluency in hardware description languages such as Verilog, VHDL, or SystemVerilog.
- Knowledge of Register-Transfer Level circuitry (registers, combinatorial function blocks (e.g. adders and multiplexers), finite state machines.
- Knowledge of Traditional test bench environments - UVM, Verdi/DVE.
- Functional programming languages, such as Scala, Chisel, Haskell, etc.