Senior Package Development Engineer
As a senior engineer in our product operations team in our Custom SoC business unit, you will have latitude to be an innovative engineer who is encouraged to forge ahead toward doing things the right way, instead of status quo. You will be involved in the decision-making process in selecting the correct package type upfront, and be able to provide your input as the die layout is being defined, instead of reacting to whatever is thrown over the design wall. You will manage the package design and development of your own projects with our subcontractors, build prototypes, and coordinate the qualification. You will be responsible for planning the ramp-up to production and all sustaining activities for high volume production. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in our industry.
- Customer interface to aid in defining the optimum package for their specific application.
- Work very closely with IP and Device Layout teams to provide package guidelines and restrictions during die design.
- Package development for a wide spectrum of packages: Flip-chip, BGA, CSP, 2.5D, MCM and leadframe product.
- Coordinate Assembly activities from prototype builds through production to end-of-life, with emphasis on quality, yields, cycle time & cost reduction.
- Interface with assembly subcontractors regarding process control & improvements, failure analysis, qualification and documentation.
- Develop systems & infrastructure to guarantee first pass success for design.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Material Science
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working on a product team
- Knowledge of high-speed design requirements
- Broad experience in both package design & assembly manufacturing needed
- Excellent communication skills