San Mateo, CA
Intern - Microprocessor Verification
SiFive is the leading provider of market-ready processor core IP, development tools and silicon solutions based on the free and open RISC-V instruction set architecture. Led by a team of seasoned silicon executives and the RISC-V inventors, SiFive helps SoC designers reduce time-to-market and realize cost savings with customized, open-architecture processor cores, and democratizes access to optimized silicon by enabling system designers in all market verticals to build customized RISC-V based semiconductors.
At SiFive, you’ll be part of a fun, engaging team and be afforded the opportunity to grow within the company. You will work side-by-side with the founders of RISC-V and bring to fruition the new RISC-V architecture and enable its rapid adoption by implementing new tools, breakthrough design methods and services. We need people who are trail-blazers, aren’t afraid to take a chance, and don’t always “go with the flow”.
The verification engineer will work with the creators of RISC-V to create tests for the latest RISC-V processor and its subsystems. The engineer will have the opportunity to learn about the latest SiFive CPU offerings and its features, to create testplans which will exercise all functionality of the design, and to create portable tests using C and/or assembly. He/she will also be responsible for debugging failing tests through the instruction trace log and waveform to root cause failure.
- Understanding design microarchitecture and create software tests in C and/or RISC-V Assembly for embedded platforms
- Create software test platform to automate test generation under for different operating modes and different hardware
- Create software test platform to measure test quality relative to hardware
- Understanding of Micro-processor (CPU) and/or L1/L2 cache coherency and memory sub-system
- Low-level programming experience including C and Assembly
- Experience with RISC-V preferred
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) plan, employee stock option program, and much more. If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is place for you. Collaborate | Innovate | Empower