HiFive Unleashed is the ultimate RISC-V developer board. Featuring the world’s first and only Linux-capable, multi-core, RISC-V processor – the Freedom U540 – the HiFive Unleashed ushers in a brand new era for RISC-V.
The revolution has started. We can’t wait to see what the world unleashes.
See the video recap of our HiFive Unleashed launch at FOSDEM ’18!
Inside HiFive Unleashed
Freedom U540: The First Linux-ready RISC-V Chip
As you expect from SiFive, the Freedom U540 is bleeding-edge RISC-V silicon:
- World’s fastest RISC-V Processor
- World’s only Linux-capable RISC-V SoC
- 4+1 Multi-Core Coherent Configuration, up to 1.5 GHz
- 4x U54 RV64GC Application Cores with Sv39 Virtual Memory Support
- 1x E51 RV64IMAC Management Core
- Coherent 2MB L2 Cache
- 64-bit DDR4 with ECC
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- Built in 28nm
HiFive Unleashed: The Ultimate RISC-V Developer Board
The HiFive Unleashed Development Board includes:
- SiFive Freedom U540 SoC
- 8GB DDR4 with ECC for serious application development
- Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 32MB Quad SPI Flash from ISSI
- MicroSD Card for removable storage
- FMC Connector for future expansion with add-in cards
Get Yours Now!
Development boards will ship at the end of June 2018. Limited quantities of HiFive Unleashed are now available for sale.
HiFive Unleashed Expansion Board
Enhance your HiFive Unleashed with the new HiFive Unleashed Expansion Board. The HiFive Unleashed Expansion Board converts your HiFive Unleashed into a RISC-V Linux PC and comes with a Microsemi PolarFire FPGA preprogrammed as a PCI Express Root Complex, allowing you to connect peripherals to:
- an x1 PCI Express connector
- an x16 PCI Express connector with 4 lanes of PCIe connected
- an SSD M.2 connector
- a SATA connector (PCI Express to SATA Bridge)
Expansion Boards will ship at the end of May 2018. Order yours today!
Using HiFive Unleashed
Frequently Asked Questions
You should buy this board if you:
- Are a serious software developer who wants to develop on RISC-V
- Are a kernel developer, Linux hacker, or an open-source software developer who wants to port your favorite software project to RISC-V
- Are looking to evaluate SiFive U54-MC Core IP
- Want to own fastest RISC-V SoC in the world
- Have been waiting for multi-core, Linux capable RISC-V devices
- Want to evaluate or learn more about high-performance RISC-V devices
- Want to support open-source hardware
- Simply want to support the Open Source Movement!!
The Freedom U540 SoC is based on the Freedom Unleashed Platform, which has been open sourced. The Freedom Platform is available at https://github.com/sifive/freedom and is maintained by SiFive. In the Freedom Platform, you will find:
- RISC-V Rocket CPU
- TileLink, a free and open coherent SoC interconnect
- Low-speed Peripherals: SPI, UART, PWM, GPIO, I2C
- High-speed Xilinx FPGA Peripheral Wrappers: DDR, PCIe blocks
- The Freedom U540 contains many 3rd-party IP: cells, pads, PLL, OTP, DDR, GbE, ROM, which are not open-sourced
You listed some of the peripherals of the HiFive Unleashed, such as Gigabit Ethernet, MicroSD, and the FMC expansion connector. What other interfaces are supported? What expansion boards can be attached to the FMC interface? How can I add PCIe capability to the HiFive Unleashed?